TBI Citizens’ Academy
The TBI Citizens’ Academy was designed to develop a better understanding and awareness in the community of the TBI through a hands-on approach.
The four-week academy is held in May of each year. It offers local citizens a peek at the TBI’s work, ranging from its investigations of homicides, crime scenes, and cybercrime, to the Fusion Center with tracking terrorism information and criminal activity related to Tennessee.
Citizens applying for the academy must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered for selection.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must not have a criminal history other than minor traffic violations
- Must be physically able to meet training requirements
- Must attend one Tuesday night, three-hour session per week and one three-hour session on a Saturday for firearms training
- Must sign all required documents and waivers
Due to classroom size the academy will be limited to 25 individuals per session.