MEMPHIS – An investigation by special agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Medicaid Fraud Control Division has resulted in the indictment and arrest of a Memphis woman.
In January 2022, TBI received information from United Healthcare, a TennCare Managed Care Contractor, alleging double billing by a care provider. During the investigation, agents developed information that between October 2019 and December 2021, Jamaira Jarrett, while employed by multiple healthcare agencies, submitted claims that she cared for different TennCare recipients at the same time at different homes and community-based residences, totaling more than $8,400.
On October 13, 2022, a Shelby County Grand Jury returned indictments charging Jarrett (DOB: 3/3/86) with TennCare Fraud and Theft of Property. On March 23rd, with the assistance of the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, Jarrett was arrested and booked into the Shelby County East Women’s Facility on a $20,000 bond.
Note: The TBI’s Medicaid Fraud Control Division receives 75 percent of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $7,051,938.75 for federal Fiscal Year 2022-2023. The remaining 25 percent, totaling $2,350,646.25 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023, is funded by the State of Tennessee.