Want to learn more about how the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation works? We are now taking applications for the 2018 TBI Citizens’ Academy in Knoxville. The four-week academy will take place in March at the TBI Office in Knoxville.
The TBI Citizens’ Academy was designed to develop a better understanding and awareness of the TBI through a hands-on approach. It offers local citizens a peek at the TBI’s work across the state, ranging from homicide investigations and how crime scenes are processed, to the Fusion Center and how it is utilized in tracking terrorism information and criminal activity related to Tennessee.
Citizens applying for the academy must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered for selection.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must not have a criminal history other than minor traffic violations
- Must be physically able to meet training requirements
- Must attend one Tuesday night, three-hour session per week and one three-hour session on a Saturday for firearms training
- Must sign all required documents and waivers
Due to classroom size, the Knoxville academy will be limited to 20 individuals per session. Applications are being accepted through December 15, 2017.